How to Browse Hundreds of Blogs On Employment Topics
We just completed a major review and update of our blogroll.
It had been growing since the early days of this blog in 2003 and had become both huge and outdated, so we reorganized it, weeding out inactive blogs and adding others.
We do our blogroll a little differently.
Rather than throwing a bunch of links together in a list, we use “Bitty Browser” to display blogs in a mini-browser, so you can view them right from this blog without having to open a new page, window, or tab (though you may do so at any time).
While we know some prefer quality over quantity, we see a very large quantity of quality blogging these days, so our blogroll weighs in at well over 300 separate blogs, providing both quality and quantity.
Check it out. We bet you’ll want to bookmark this page!
Click on any of the following topics to use the corresponding blogroll browser:
- ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution)
- Career and Job Search
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Law
- Entrepreneurship & Self-Employment
- HR and General Employment
- Immigration and Employment
- Labor Law and Unions
- Labor Market
- Management and Work, General
- Recruiting and Hiring
- Safety and Workers’ Compensation
How to Use the Blogroll Browsers
You can scroll through the list of blogs on a topic, and use the following three choices to drill down deeper:
- Open Bitty-size. This will allow you to read the headlines for that blog. Find one that interests you? You can then choose to open the full post Bitty-size in the blog browser, or full-size in a new window (or tab, depending on your browser setup) or full-size in the blog browser (not recommended). In a few instances, the Bitty-size option does not work, so open full-size is the only option.
- Open full-size (new window). This will display the blog directly on a new page, as if you visited it from a conventional link.
- Open full-size (within Bitty). This may not display the full page, depending on the blog’s design, so it is not recommended.
You can always use the “Back” and “Forward” buttons within the bitty browser to navigate, just as with a full-sized browser.
Keeping the Blogrolls Current
As of November 2010, we have just completed a through review of all of the blogs on our blogrolls, weeding out many that were no longer active, and adding many newer ones. Please help us stay current:
- Suggest a blog we’ve missed, your own or another.
- Inform us that one we’ve listed should be removed for lack of updating or poor quality (please specify reason).
- Let us know if you encounter broken links preventing access to blogs on the roll.